Monday, September 25, 2006

Speaking of people who should quit . . .

If you are a Liberal, with any hopes of bringing down Stephen Harper in the next election, you need to have Joe Volpe quit. I would encourage all of the front runners (cause they listen to obscure blogs) to try and cut him a side deal. If he gets out now and makes himself scarce he can be a junior cabinet minister. (Might I suggest Minister of Tomfoolery)
While I do think people should be innocent until proven guilty, if he stays in the race until the convention and is cleared of all of the allegations surrounding him, he still loses. Not like close vote loses either, more like the way King Cobra always lost to G.I. Joe. (Wow, that's a random 80's reference)
Anyways, I really think the Liberals would be good to distance themselves from this man. Especially, since they already have this they stole money from us thing hanging around their head.

Also spoke with another leadership candidate and I have started to notice a interesting trend in Alberta politicians. They come off more unpolished than politicians in Ottawa, but I haven't decided if maybe that's just their polish.
For example, in my years in Ottawa interviewing all kinds of people I never once heard a politician or a lobbyist say "I don't know." I heard plenty an answer that indicated they clearly didn't, but I never actually heard the words.
Ted Morton, an Alberta PC candidate said those words in an interview to me. I asked how one segment of his rural economic plan, which would see more royalty revenue flow to municipalities would affect municipalities also facing high costs, but (like Westlock) devoid of oil he said "I don't know." I can't decide if stuff like this is either genuine politicians being genuine or a disturbing new trend where nobody wants their PM or premier to be the smartest guy in the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home