Thursday, September 14, 2006

Random thoughts



Knifefight's twin?

So I am driving around town this afternoon and a cat runs in front of my car. It was about 20 feet ahead of me so there was no danger, but the cat stopped looked at me and stood there for a bit.
As though to say "I know you can run me over, but I am going to stare at you for a bit." Suddenly, knifefight's tragic accident seems easier to understand.

Welcome foreigners

It has come to my attention that the blog has a new found Scottish audience. (the actually from Scotland kind as opposed to my immigrant parents)

Welcome.

So I got out a map and decided to share some info. Westlock is about as far away from Toronto, where many of you have visited, as Glasgow is to Eastern Russia, assuming you could drive across the North Sea.
The town I live and work in is about an hour from the provincial capital Edmonton. Alberta is experiencing an unprecedented boom economy because there is oil here and apparently, international demand.
The oil we have here is mixed in with the sand as opposed to being under it and is expensive to refine without the help of vast amounts of engineering and science that I don't fully understand.

Wow, Plastic bag!


My attention span has become even shorter since I started reporting again. I know some of you who lived with, worked with, raised me might find this hard to believe, but, um hey is that a shiny thing. Yes, yes it is!

Alright that's all for my thoughts today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did knifefight's 'tragic accident' occur before or after the four amigos ceded ownership. Is knifefight not living happily on the farm? DId you lie to us about knifrfight?

1:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so no terrible rumours spread I would like to report that I have heard from inside sources that Knife Fight the Cat is a happy kitty on the farm. In conversations with the Cat, he said there is no where else in the world he can live.

To clear up the other point - sadly, the accident occurred while KFC was in the possession of the four amigos.

It was inevitable that he was hit by a car.

12:37 PM

 
Blogger Ryan / Andy said...

Perhaps I should have been more clear.

Knifefight's tragic accident was the one that cost the four amigos, or the Danks to the rest of you, $300 a piece to keep the dumbest cat in the world alive.

Him being hit by a car, which is actually just an assumption did happen while he was in our care.

KFC is now lving happily on a farm where his pastimes include eating things he shouldn't, tracking mud through the house and driving Darcy's mother slowly crazy.

9:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOmeone has to keep up the tradition now Darcy isn't there.

6:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home