Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hey look at this interweb thingy


So, I am assuming you noticed I now have a blog. Many of you are probably wondering a number of things so I have designed a helpful Q&A.

Why do does Ryan /Andy have a blog?

I started this blog for a number of reasons. I moved out here a few months ago and have been living in Westlock, Alberta working for the unoriginally-named Westlock News. I left a cushy government job to come out here, because I missed reporting and not doing it was hurting my soul. I have been surprised by the number of people that are interested in what all is going on out here, so this is how people who want to know can find out.
I also take a lot of photos and thought a few people might be interested in them, mostly because a few people have expressed interest in them.
I also don't get the opportunity to vent about politics the way I once did in Ottawa and I am going into withdrawal.

How often will said blog be updated?

When I feel like it. A few times a week probably.

Where is Westlock?

An hour northwest of Edmonton, not 45 mins as a certain lying town website would have you believe.

Ryan / Andy ? WTF?

Long story short, Andy is a nickname that got out of hand and now there are some people who get confused when I use my actual name. For those of you on the other side of this equation Andy is not my name it is a nickname and it is Darcy's fault.

Why is this blog sometime broken?

This is a question I am expecting will come up so I am preempting it. I am a blog novice and there were a whole bunch of things here I didn't fully understand. I am assuming if something goes wrong there may be a steep learning curve. The other reason is because Nick touches himself.

*Interesting side note blogspot's spell check doesn't know the word blog. Now that's irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home