Monday, July 02, 2007

My those nails look to be just the right size for this coffin

Well,

Let's not let this cruel death go on any longer. I don't work for a small rural newspaper anymore, Alberta is still strange, but it's lost it's novelty and it took me the better part of a month to find the time to kill this thing so why bother anymore I say.

Yes for anyone who ever strolls by this thing I am killing the blog. I started a new job last week with the St. Albert Gazette and my shock and surprise at rural Alberta will be fading away now. St. Albert is a suburb of Edmonton and I am now very much back in an environment I understand.

There are still rodeos and oil, but there are also malls and suburban housing stretching in all directions.

I started this thing up with the goal of sharing my thoughts on some of the weird
things that happened to me out here, but now some of you have moved this way and the rest of you e-mail me or learn what is going on in my life through facebook and such.

I can now be reached through my work e-mail rtumilty@stalbert.greatwest.ca and you can now check out my work online at www.stalbertgazette.com

In my new capacity I will be covering courts, crime and the politics of Sturgeon County which surrounds St. Albert.
No more school concerts, plays, bake sales or other crap I am pleased.

Sturgeon County is also home to upgrader alley which some particularly well read people out east might have heard about. Essentially they are going to build these upgraders, which turn heavy oil(bad) kind of a sludge into lighter crude oil (good) which can be made into gasoline and other fine things. (This description is not meant to be talking down to my audience this is really all I understand thus far.)

It is making for some interesting stories and should continue this way. There are four of these things planned for Sturgeon County alone and they cost a few billion each. Also they might poison the water land and skies, I am checking into that one.

Anymawho as a final good-bye to all of you loyal readers I give you fire photos. I was at this forest fire a few weeks before I left Westlock and got to get really close and get some great shots. As a downside is smelt like a potent mix of campfire and ashtray for a few days and breathed in a lot of smoke, but the photos turned out really well. (Do not try this at home by the way this is only for professional idiot news photographers)




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you figure adventure is dead? Sad. I see you failed to mention the entrance of a certain small-town Alberta girl/future doctor in your life, which may or may not have had some effect on whether you had time to update your blog and ponder the strange strange prairie world around you....

10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A certain small-town Alberta girl/future doctor who obviously needs remedial action on her taste in men.
You should be aware that declaring adventure dead is a first step into old fogeyhood, next you'll be saying things like 'when I went to university it was much harder'.....

7:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home